Recent Posts

Rabu, 15 Mei 2013

Street Cats of Istanbul: Photo Post

This is a blog post I�ve been meaning to do for a long, long time.

For the past three years, I�ve collected more than 100 photos of the street cats of Istanbul. If you live here or have visited here, you can�t help but notice these furry felines everywhere. And I do mean EVERYWHERE! I�ve spotted them hanging out in Ayasofya as well as the Chora Church as you�ll see below.

There�s also hundreds of street dogs, but the street cats seemed to be the easiest for me to photograph. Many of the dogs are larger breed dogs and tend to get shooed away from the main streets. (Sadly, they are often abused too.)

I�m actually more of a dog person, but even I can�t resist these friendly cats, except when I�ve had one or two beat at my legs because they wanted food.

I�ve posted about the street cats before in two neighborhood posts which you can find here: The  Cats of �ukurcuma, and here: The Cats of B�y�kada.

In this post, I�ve been trying to learn some new photo editing techniques using Adobe Lightroom 4. I�ve finally figured out how to make diptychs using this handy tutorial on Jay Watson�s Photography blog. Now, I can pair two images side by side, giving me more room to show you more photos here on the blog. Diptchs kind of showcase a mini story in one. Awesome!

Hope you enjoy!

What do you think of the Istanbul street cats as diptychs?

(By the way, you also should check out another fellow Istanbul blogger�s recent street cat post called: Cat-stantinople.)


Left: Ayasofya. Right: Blue Mosque.
Bottom photo: The infamous Callie the Cat over at my friends' place: Denizen Coffee in Sultanahmet.
Top photo: Cat seeks solitude in one of the many hans in the Grand Bazaar.
Bottom photo: Turkish cat attempts to 'capture' the peacock in Yesilyurt.

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget