Recent Posts

Rabu, 27 Juni 2012

The Cats of B�y�kada


Istanbul's island of B�y�kadais known for its ornamental mansions, horse-drawn faytons and abundant fish restaurants.

It's not necessarily known for the hundreds of cats that call B�y�kada home, but I couldn't help but take tons of photos of these furry felines yesterday.

The day started out with cloudy skies and patches of drizzly rain, so my desire to lay out on beach was crushed. Instead, my girlfriend and I strolled around the friendly island; or as I like to say "Let's do some gezmek-ing." (Gezmek is the Turkish word for to stroll.)

If you are  lucky enough to get away from the crowds on B�y�kada, you suddenly feel like you're transported to a different era far away from the hustle and bustle of Istanbul.

Here's a couple photos of the island's cats that captured my attention.Enjoy!

Please see related photo post: The  Cats of �ukurcuma.

Eavesdropping Cats of  B�y�kada.
Smart Cat - waiting by a fish restaurant on  B�y�kada.
Chilling Cat
Bucket Cat - all curled up.
Behind Bars Cat
Motorbike Cat
Lap Cat - We found this cat curled up on a local resident's lap.
Flower Cat



Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget