Recent Posts

Jumat, 13 Januari 2012

The Cats of �ukurcuma


Buy a painting - get a free cat in Istanbul! =)
Many fuzzy felines - whether tabbies, black, grey, white or patchwork - call the streets of Istanbul home.

It's hard not to miss these, either skittish or friendly, cats because they are EVERYWHERE in this huge city!

When my U.S. friends visited here recently, I took my camera out about so I could shoot some good photos. One day we wandered about in the �ukurcuma neighborhood, located in the back streets of the Beyoglu district of Istanbul. This area is home to more than 100 antique shops, several art galleries and stores as well as many photogenic street cats. (More about the antiques in a future post.)

I took about 150 photos in just one afternoon while we roamed around in �ukurcuma. This area is a photographer's dream - if you love old buildings and fascinating architectural elements like I do! Currently, I'm in the process of editing and going through these photos.

For now, here's a few photos of my favorite street cats of �ukurcuma:
Cats of �ukurcuma - The watch "dog" of the neighborhood.
Cats of �ukurcuma - Curled up for a nap
Cats of �ukurcuma - Wooden wagon wheel for sale. Cat is not.

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget