Recent Posts

Senin, 16 Januari 2012

Snowfall Blankets Besiktas

Last month, I joked with U.S. friends and family members that we practically never get snow in Istanbul.


Well, now it's snowed here twice in the past three days!


I knew it was possible. The weather forecast said snowfall was possible today, but I still didn't believe it! (Last year, it didn't snow in the city until March.)


Apparently, the snowfall was very sporadic with nothing falling in Sultanahmet but plenty falling on the Asian side and even in our neighborhood near Besiktas. I briefly popped my head outside to take a few photos so I'll leave you with those for now.


Yes, friends, it does snow in Istanbul! =) 
Snowy palm trees in Istanbul! The flakes were falling fast when I took this photo.
It was cold enough outside for snow to accumulate on the ground in the city.
And this little tree near our apartment was covered in snow.


Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget