Recent Posts

Senin, 15 Desember 2014

Slow Market Shopping in Warsaw

Only in Warsaw would I find a cluster of food trucks at a Christmas Market.

And not that we mind, either.

In the 18+ months we�ve lived here, the food truck scene has become �ber popular. Burgers overdominate this scene, but thankfully new BBQ and Mexican-ish food trucks are making an appearance. Yesterday, we tried a delicious pulled pork BBQ sandwich and a bowl of curried chicken.

This weekend, the Soho Factory, a revitalized former 19th-century factory in Praga, hosted a Slow Market featuring local Polish artists, fashion and jewelry designers, food producers and other designers. According to the event�s website: �Slow Market is a place where you can find good fashion, local design, healthy eating and natural cosmetics.�
Since I recently taught two baking classes, I had some of my own spending money to spend as I please. I�m not usually a big shopper or spender, but it just felt nice to have my own money so I could buy something perhaps more frivolous. I ended up buying two dresses from Polish designers SheMore and Kowalski as well as a funky t-shirt from Hero.Esque.

Warsaw has been called an �undiscovered fashion hotspot,� and I have to agree. I love that I can buy locally-made and designed clothes and shoes at a fraction of the price I would pay if I were back in NYC. Last month, I bought a pair of boots I designed myself at FunInDesign for only 450pln (about $140). If you want fashion, come to Warsaw!
 Besides apparel, the event featured several local artists selling ceramics, posters and home d�cor. I added two cute holiday moose to my collection from Cerama Art Studio, which also had several ceramic platters I liked.
While I love going to events like this in Warsaw, my husband is not as keen. He enjoyed the food part and I�ll admit was a good sport throughout this lil shopping adventure. We indulged in a bottle of red wine afterwards. 

Next time, we also need a beer truck to keep him occupied while I shop!

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget