Recent Posts

Rabu, 24 Juli 2013

Visiting the 4Levent Pazar in Istanbul: Photo Post

I love outdoor markets for their vibrant colors, the tantalizing smells, the different ingredients and the local people.

In my mind, no trip to Istanbul would be complete without a visit to a local pazar (think farmer�s market meets flea market). Every neighborhood in Istanbul hosts a pazar on different days of the week. When we lived here, we would frequent the large Saturday pazar in Besiktas
near our apartment.

This time, since I�m not a visitor in Istanbul, I decided to go to the Tuesday 4Levent pazar because it�s conveniently located near the metro stop. This one is known as the Sali Pazar in Turkish. Every now and then, I used to meet friends here for a quick shopping excursion and perhaps lunch.

This pazar also is home to my favorite g�zleme(a Turkish version of a freshly made quesadilla) seller. He also can be found cooking up hot g�zleme on Thursdays at the Ulus pazar under the Bosphorus bridge. In addition, his family makes some really great dolmas you can take home for later.

Another reason I wanted to stop by this specific pazaris that there is one stall run by a Chinese family. The mother and son, I think, sell the odd, cheap bric a brac from China. I bought a few of the hand-held fans and nylon shopping bags, which are great for holding your fresh produce purchased at the pazar.

I took several photos this time so you can experience the pazar for yourself. The summertime really is the best in Turkey because the stalls are so colorful.

Afiyet olsun!
 
Directions:
Take the metro to the 4Levent stop.
Follow the exit signs for Yenilevent.
Once outside, walk past the bus stops. Turn right.
Walk about 3 blocks and then turn right again at the simit seller.
You really can�t miss the pazar, and you simply can follow all the ladies with their shopping bags and trolleys!

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget