Recent Posts

Kamis, 21 Februari 2013

Emin�n� Cookies � AKA Turklish Monster Cookies

When I walk through Emin�n�, I can�t resist the overflowing bins of brightly colored candies.
 
There�s the Turkish version of M&Ms, gummy candies galore, sprinkles and a variety of chocolate candies.

When I recently stopped at Sancar for my regular baking supplies, my guys let me sample a new blend of mini chocolate chips in white, milk and bitter chocolate. There also were new raspberry-flavored white chocolate chips that I tasted and liked. What I love is that I can simply ask for 250 grams of something or let the guys fill a bag until I say �yeter (enough).�

As soon as I tasted the mixed chocolate chips, I thought they would taste perfectly in an oatmeal cookie.

Once I got home, I started looking through some cookbooks and online and found what I was looking for � Monster Cookies � by the Pioneer Woman. But I tweaked my cookies to use the fun ingredients I had on hand from my shopping trips in Emin�n�. Thus, my Emin�n� Cookies were created!

You too can use whatever ingredients you have � candies, chopped up candy bars, dried fruits, peanut butter chips, mint chips, and mixed nuts. But trust me, shopping in Emin�n� is much more fun than your ol� boring grocery store.

Once you make these playful cookies, you won�t be able to resist them either!

 Afiyet olsun!

Emin�n� Cookies � AKA Turklish Monster Cookies
Yields: 5 dozen
Ingredients:
1 �      c.         (160 g.)            oats
         c.         (40 g.)              coconut flakes
         c.         (75 g.)              nuts, your choice
         c.         (100 g.)            Turkish M&Ms called Bon Bons
1          c.         (175 g.)            mini chocolate chips
2          c.         (90 g.)              corn flakes
         c.         (100 g.)            granulated sugar
1 �      c.         (340 g.)            brown sugar
8          oz.       (225 g.)            butter, room temperature
2          ea.                                large eggs, room temperature
1 �      c.         (240 g.)            all-purpose flour
1          tsp.                               baking powder
         tsp.                               baking soda
2          tsp.                               salt                  

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth.

Add the eggs, one at a time. Blending well after each addition.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the mixing bowl and mix until combined.

Add the oats. Mix.

Then, add the fun ingredients. You can vary the kind of nuts or candies that you use.

Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.

Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C. Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to form the cookies. Place on a cookie sheet about an inch apart.
Bake the cookies about 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown on the edges in a preheated oven.

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget