Recent Posts

Rabu, 09 Januari 2013

Istanbul Covered in Snow in Instagram Photos

For the past two days, it has snowed nearly nonstop in Istanbul.

I'm beginning to feel like I live back in Nebraska again!

Did I mention I don't really like snow?

Well, the snow does look pretty at times, but I don't like really having to get out and about in the city when it's like this. The traffic gets even worse than it usually is.

Yesterday afternoon, I donned my snow boots and delivered a fresh batch of pastries to my favorite coffeeshop, Denizen Coffee, in Sultanahmet. This gave me the opportunity to see what the Old City looked like once again covered in snow.

I've walked by the Blue Mosque and Ayasofya hundreds of time, but these historic sites look even more majestic when blanketed with a layer of snow.

Have a look for yourself at my Instagram photos in this post! Oh, and you can find me on Instagram @myturkishjoys. I often post photos here from around Istanbul and my travels in Turkey.

What do you think of these snowy photos?
Selling roasted chestnuts in the snow in the Hippodrome in Sultanahmet.
Fountain in front of the Blue Mosque in the Sultanahmet Square.
Firuz Aga Camii near the tramway in Sultanahmet.
Blue Mosque covered in snow - the only non-Instagram photo.
Black bird and a ferry boat in snowy Kabatas.
The sun briefly peaked out over the snow-covered Hippodrome in Sultanahmet.
Pigeons enjoying the snow in Sultanahmet.
Here, you can see how gusty it really was in Sultanahmet.
Buses and roasted chestnut sellers in the snow in Kabatas.
Another ferry boat docked at Kabatas.
Other snowfall blog posts during the past two years:

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget