Recent Posts

Senin, 13 April 2015

Playing in London�s Colorful Camden Market

Despite the numerous trips we�ve made to London, I had never visited the well-known Camden Market.

This time, I visited twice and was inundated by the 700+ stalls that make up Camden Market and the funky, quirky, retro stores that line Camden High Street. Wow! The storefronts are like giant, in-your-face billboards screaming their particular product � a lot of shoes. I couldn�t resist buying a new pair of Vans with neon pink shoe laces!

Hubby and I playing along Camden High Street and stopping in one of the local pubs for a pint.
Warning: on the weekend, this street and the markets were absolutely mobbed with tourists and potentially some locals as well when we first visited. However, stop by on a Monday like I did or another weekday and you�ll find the markets much less crowded.

Continue walking up the street and you�ll find the lively Camden Market, which is actually made up of three separate markets � Union Street, The Lock and The Stables. The Stables Market gets its name from its previous incarnation as a horse hospital because, in Victorian times, the stables were where horses injured pulling barges down the canals were treated.
Today, you�ll find a catacombs of stalls selling everything from Turkish lamps and kilims to military jackets, cheap T-shirts and homemade clothes, belts and more.
The Camden Market is enormous! I spent about five hours wandering around the tiny lanes on a Monday afternoon; I still didn�t even cover all the stalls because there�s just too much to see and photograph! Every turn yields a new discovery in the numerous nooks and crannies here.
I love these old doors in the Stables Market!
The view along Regent's Canal in Camden.
After I wandered through the markets and ate a delicious gluten-free falafel lunch, I strolled through some of the neighboring side streets and found colorful houses like I did in Notting Hillas well as come cool street art.
Every time I visit London, I discover something new and I love photographing those little discovery moments. That�s the joy of big cities � they are constantly morphing and changing � meaning there are always reasons to visit.

Have you visited Camden Market?

My Traveling Joys

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget