Recent Posts

Minggu, 22 April 2012

Bayram in Safranbolu, Turkey

 
Behind the Cinci Han (pictured left foreground), you can see some of the white Ottoman houses in Safranbolu, Turkey. 

Merhaba from Safranbolu, Turkey!

This quaint town, about 4 hours east of Istanbul, has really impressed me. It's full of 17th-century Ottoman wooden houses with dark-brown stained shutters and other historic buildings.

For me, I've been eagerly snapping away 100s of photos during the 2 days we've been here. I am in love with this Turkish town! We are spending the bayram (holiday) weekend here with another couple and taking full advantage of exploring as much as we can.

It's dinner time here so I should run, but please stay tuned. I'll post more photos soon!

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget