Recent Posts

Minggu, 27 November 2011

Baking with Joy in Bodrum

This week, I�ll be getting full-swing into the holiday baking spirit.

On Wednesday, I�m volunteering my baking skills for the International Women of Istanbul�s annual Christmas Bazaar. (I�ve already started rolling out tart doughs and baking items that can be prepared in advance.) This wonderful event, filled with holiday crafts/gifts, international items and baked goods, will be held from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hilton Istanbul Convention Center near Taksim. Please stop by!

On Thursday morning, I fly out to Bodrum, along Turkey�s southwestern Aegean coast. I�m extremely excited about this opportunity because I will be teaching three holiday-themed baking classes at a cute boutique hotel and restaurant in the small village of Ortakent outside of Bodrum.

Thanks to Selin of Turkish Flavours, she put me in touch with Asli, owner of Erenler Sofrasi where I�ll be teaching in Bodrum. Asli regularly teaches Turkish cooking classes, but asked me if I�d be interested in teaching baking classes for her. Tabii!

The classes will be held in from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, Saturday, Dec. 2 and on Sunday, Dec. 3, in Bodrum. If you are going to be in the area, please call Asli to make a reservation at 0532 248 2479 or by e-mail at sofra@erenler-sofrasi.com. I�m happy to share some of my American holiday recipes with you!

Please also check out Erenler Sofrasi�s website for more details about the baking classes.

Well, I should head back to the kitchen. I�ve got several loaves of pumpkin-raisin bread baking in the oven.

Afiyet olsun!

P.S. Here are some of the desserts I�ll be teaching in Bodrum:
Raspberry or Sour Cherry-Chocolate Bars
Classic Gingersnaps
Pecan or Walnut Sandies
Dark Chocolate-Mint Ganache Tart
Chocolate-Almond-Pear Tart

Pages

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Text Widget